Thursday, May 28, 2009

First Pair in 2009


I actually finished these socks two months ago, but didn't have the get up and post to show them to you. I am currently on the foot of the second sock in a pair for Liat which will, when finished, be the second pair of socks completed in 2009. Pitiful.

Actually, I could only remember finishing the neckwarmer and these socks so far this year, so I checked my Excel chart for Knitting 2009 (doesn't everyone have one?) and saw that I have also finished a sweater for Meital (the green one), a cabled shrug for Liat (in blue) and two pairs of wristwarmers.

Good thing I've been keeping track.

Anyway, these socks are done in Judy Sumner's Better Than Vanilla pattern and were knit in Opal that Judy herself gave me when I was lucky enough to meet her in person a couple of years ago. Thank you, Judy!

6 comments:

Sandy said...

Hope your household is back to health. Great job on the socks. Not everyone has an excel chart for their creations - but we should!

Joansie said...

Love the socks and I especially like Opal yarn. It's good to see you blogging again. I've missed your posts.

Grandma Elsie said...

I second Joansie, I've missed you blogging.. You socks are just as beautiful work as always. Joansie is good on socks too.
I am not knitting socks right now. Been doing baby sweaters but alas I have not kept a record this year.
Elsie <><

LizzieK8 said...

Very pretty socks! Echoing Joansie, glad to see you and you've been missed!

nancy blanchong said...

LOVE the socks! And, yep! I've missed you too! (((HUGS)))

Joansie said...

Amy, I've been trying to write you and the e-mails are bouncing back to me each day so I'm trying this instead to let you know that I am thinking of you. Please let me know that you have received this.