Tuesday, September 4, 2012

More Challenge Cards

Today I have two more cards in response to the Operation Write Home Virtual Cardmaking Party challenges. This first card is for the challenge to make a sports themed card. I just bought a package of these cute basketball stickers this summer, so I was happy to get the chance to use them so soon! Patterned papers are very, very old Close to My Heart scrapbook papers. I used the OWH card sketch #11 for inspiration.
And this card is in response to the final challenge of the VCMP, to make a card that reflects your home state or country. I hoard postage stamps just so that I can use them on cards and I had a lot of fun sifting through my stash and finding stamps that reflected different aspects of Israel. I used one of the un-numbered OWH Bonus Sketches for this card. Click on the photo to enlarge if you wish. I may well make another few of these, perhaps some reflecting the state where I grew up, gorgeous California! I will use these cards to write Any Hero mail, and they will be given to heroes who don't get a lot of mail or who need their spirits lifted.

Thanks to everyone at Operation Write Home for the fun and inspiration! Now back to preparing kits for our little Birthday Bash card making party.

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

That's clever to use postage stamps on your cards! The basketball one is cute.

Kathryn said...

Neat use of stamps and I'm so glad to hear you'll be turning the card into a note for one of our heroes. They love happy mail!