Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Baby Gifts


Going back in time a little to show you some things I didn't share at the time. This teddy was a first birthday present for an adorable little boy. I used Lion Brand's Fisherman's Wool for the bear, so unfortunately it can't go in the washing machine; it was all I had on hand. The mom has since told me the bear's name is Bud and that he goes everywhere Ethan goes. :-) The knitting pattern is availble on Ravely and is called Big Bad Beauregarde Bear. Sorry, I still haven't figured out how to make links in this app. It's a wonderful pattern, with everything knit in the round and no sewing to do. I tried to make the card match. I used a bear stamp from the Posh Impressions Circus set, adding colored pencil because I didn't get good coverage when I stamped it. I didn't want to use googly eyes and run the risk that little Ethan might pull them off and put them up his nose or something, so I used a tiny hole punch to make white circles and drew in the black dots. The greeting is by Darcies Country Folk, and the paper was something  i picked up at Target for $1 (package of something like 12 papers).


This was a welcome to the world gift for a baby born last month. I chose the colors based on the layette the parents had picked out. It's just a big garter stitch square with attached i-cord trim. The yarn is a cotton/acrylic blend.


This is the card I made to go with the blanket. The stickers are by Suzy's Zoo.

I've been up to lots of other mischief lately and hopefully will do another post soon. I hope everyone is having a great day.


5 comments:

Joansie said...

Lucky baby! The bear looks so huggable! Great job!

Stefanie said...

I love them all! The knitted bear and its matching card! Such a cute pairing. The blanket's colors have a nice vintage vibe.

Anonymous said...

That blanket is fabulous! Would love it if you'd join my linky party sometime, and don't know if you've heard of my blog? I came upon your by accident searching for "yarn in Israel" Also, I've been planning to start a site that encourages people to do acts of kindness with crafting, and that site would have lists of all kinds of organizations that one can send handmade things to.....would you by any chance be interested in helping me compile lists? I see you have a plan to send things to all 50 states, so I imagine that you've done quite a bit of research. Let me know if you have any time to devote to this, I'm planning on asking all of my connections around the world to do a little research in each of their countries, so the data base could be really incredible and hopefully inspiring!

Anonymous said...

That blanket is fabulous! Would love it if you'd join my linky party sometime, and don't know if you've heard of my blog? I came upon your by accident searching for "yarn in Israel" Also, I've been planning to start a site that encourages people to do acts of kindness with crafting, and that site would have lists of all kinds of organizations that one can send handmade things to.....would you by any chance be interested in helping me compile lists? I see you have a plan to send things to all 50 states, so I imagine that you've done quite a bit of research. Let me know if you have any time to devote to this, I'm planning on asking all of my connections around the world to do a little research in each of their countries, so the data base could be really incredible and hopefully inspiring!

Carol L said...

You've done a fantastic job on everything! I especially love the last card! The duck on the envelope is beyond cute!