Monday, December 31, 2007

Year in Review


Or, perhaps more accurately, This Year's Knitting in Review.

For the first time in my life, I have been keeping close track all year of my knitting projects. I know it will be fun to look back and revisit all my wooly accomplishments - heck, I'm already enjoying it! But the task has provided me with the added benefit of being able to amaze and delight (and possibly bore) you with my achievements.

My first completed project of 2007 was a pair of black wristwarmers for Meital. Just moments ago, I completed the gloves (in Koigu yarn) seen in the photo above, for Liat. I think it's kind of cool that both the first and last projects of the year were made to warm the hands of my two lovely daughters.

I have a feeling that my project totals for this year are by far and away the greatest I've ever managed. Unless I have made a mistake (very likely), I completed a total of 88 projects. Of course, this represents more than 88 individual items, because many of them were pairs of things (like socks). Here are more details:

5 hats
7 scrunchies
5 sweaters
4 purses
1 messenger bag
3 scarves
4 bracelets
1 pair wristwarmers
1 pair gloves
5 washcloths
17 various toys
1 bunny tail
1 pair kneewarmers
1 pair slippers
32 pairs socks

Not too shabby, eh? I'm pretty darn proud of myself.

Of the items listed, 26 were community knitting (donated to various organizations for distribution to those who have need of them). I'd like to up that number next year. Actually, I'd like to increase the totals all around, but I'm not sure I will be able to. We'll see.

May 2008 be a year of great happiness and good health for you and those you love.

2 comments:

Bobbisox said...

I still can't figure how you can juggle the mother-wife-knitter-stamper-cook-cleaner thing. I can't even relate but I do rejoice in your progress and charity.

Jill L said...

There are not enough hours in the day! I just organized all my projects with a link on my 360 blog. Not as many as I'd like, but I have too many projects I want to do!