Monday, February 11, 2008
I just cannot believe this project has been in a drawer for years, with just a few short hours worth of work left to be done!! Once I finish up that last small empty patch, all I'll need to do is a bit of backstitching here and there around the horses. It will probably take me longer just to find a reliable framer who knows how to handle needlework than it has to complete the project. My feet are already quivering in anticipation of the traditional happy dance that accompanies the completion of every cross stitch project (some things you never forget).
I worked a bit this morning on Liat's washcloth, and hope to finish it up tonight. My alternate plan, since this is stealth knitting, after all, will be to work on the TSGFSVS. I also put in some time on my top-down raglan sweater, but the 24" circular needle is so full of stitches that it is getting a bit awkward. Just 8 more rounds and I'll be able to take the sleeve stitches off the needle and put them on waste yarn. That should help considerably.
Avi and I got a lot done on the translation project today. It is like the Rental Agreement from Hell. From what I understand, the landlord has been burned a few times, and now uses a contract that no tenant in her right mind would sign. And I guess those years of working in law firms is finally paying off, because I actually remember and understand a fair amount of the terminology. Scary.