Monday, November 12, 2012

Finishing

 One of the more exciting moments around our house in recent days was the removal of Meital's braces! I am beyond thrilled with the way her teeth look, and it's so lovely to actually see them again. I'm probably more excited about it than she is, but it just amazes me how more more grown up she looks now that that symbol of childhood is gone.
The other thing that we are finished with around here is another pair of men's size 18 socks. I had it on good authority that the first pair were way too big, so I decreased the number of stitches I cast on and am hoping for the best. The recipient would never tell me if these don't fit right, so I am going to employ a spy to find out the truth. Knit in Opal yarn.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Meital has a gorgeous smile!

Wow! Size 18 socks, huh! You must really like this person.

Stefanie said...

Hooray! No more railroad tracks, sore teeth, and scraped gums. I wore braces when I was in fifth grade and got them off in 7th I think. I had found the packs of rubberbands long ago and used them to do up preschoolers' hair.