Saturday, December 29, 2012

Card Sketches

As you know, I most often use sketches from the collection at Operation Write Home for my card inspiration. I don't always follow them exactly, but they are not only a huge help but they also encourage me to think in new ways and try new things. But the card above is not (knowingly) based on an OWH sketch. I was wandering around YouTube the other day and watched a video by Paper Trey Ink called Make it Monday #69: Inspiration Into Unique Sketch. It was very interesting. The idea is to look at things you see in your everyday life and see if you can find inspiration for a card design. I have a much easier time following someone else's great idea than I do coming up with ideas on my own. This card is pretty much a CASE (copy and steal everything) of the card the gal on the video made.

I am happy to say that I used up even more scraps in the making of this card. The monkey is by Posh Impressions, and the saying was typed up in Word using the Kristen font. The monkey comes in a set that includes a cute vertically-oriented sentiment "I'm wild about you" but I thought this was more kid friendly. Too bad I don't have a stamp of a banana!

Only three days left until the New Year's Eve Paper Purging Party - I can't wait! Every time I leave my crafts room I think I should just go dump all of those tiny scraps now instead of waiting. But then I walk in there and decide I really should try to use just a few more scraps. I've got another scrap card in the works right now, in fact.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I find that so interesting, to find cardspiration from things around you in the the every day world.
If you'd like another source, Deb Hickman of A World of Imagination is a scrapbook, card maker and uses sketches from Inspired by Stamping.
Nice card, Amy. I like the angle of the print paper and monkey.