Monday, June 23, 2014

Fun with Felt


Another fantastic website I discovered recently is Hopeful Threads. Kristy is a wonderful person, working to bring toys to kids in foster care. The colorful creatures are based on a free pattern on a site called 5 Orange Potatoes. After cutting out the basic shape based on the pattern, I made up the features. I made up the design for the cat, including the features. Everything was sewn and embroidered by hand. They were a lot of fun to make, and didn't really take that long to put together, even though it was all handwork. Certainly a lot faster than knitting a toy that size! These went in the mail to Kristy today.

I am finding that sewing is easier for me in this hot weather than knitting. But I am also working on a pair of socks for Meital. Larger projects are in hibernation, though one may come with me when I go to California later this summer.

I am on the hunt for organizations in states I haven't donated to yet, but in the meantime I am putting together another batch of cards for Cards for Hospitalized Kids. I am toying with the idea of including a finger puppet in each card. We'll see if it will work!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

These are such cute toys for kids. That is all they want, something to hug and love.

Sewing Miles of Smiles said...

They are so cute!!! Kristy will love them.