Sunday, June 1, 2014

Gifts



Wow, I have a lot of catching up to do! This is a pinwheel baby blanket knit in a cotton blend. Little Sloane was born a couple of months ago, so I am way behind. The pattern is easy but becomes tedious the longer each round becomes (you start knitting in the middle and increase stitches every other round). Copious notes are on my Ravelry page.


It has been my policy for many years now to also make a gift for any older siblings when new babies come along. Sloane's sister got this little bunny, also knit in cotton blends. Again, there are plenty of notes on my project page on Ravelry.


These are the cards I made to go with the gifts. The mother and baby stamp is by Stamp Oasis, the bunny is Close to My Heart. I rather doubt either stamp is still availble.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Love the blanket, Amy. It looks like fun knitting while watching tv. I'm always interested to se what you are to next with your cards.

Stefanie said...

You are so thoughtful and sweet. Older siblings can have a tough time and feel left out. Sloane's older sister won't as I'm sure she'll be delighted with her new amigurumi. It's so cute and cool how it has a removable dress. The cards are lovely.