Friday, June 20, 2008
I just finished up this little baby tee shirt. It was an easy, fast knit. Next time I make this pattern, I am going to play around a bit with color or perhaps stitch patterns. This will likely become a staple in my baby-knitting repertoire.
Aside from leaving off the gratuitous advertising of the original, I used a thinner yarn and size 3.75mm needles, which gave me a gauge of 22 stitches to 4", or a 15" chest. The original pattern is made with worsted weight yarn and size 6 US needles (4mm) and is supposed to result in a 20" chest.
After the little romper and booties I made for the last baby boy in the family, Avi feels this shirt isn't quite "enough." I will see if I have time to make a pair of matching socks. Shorts or a diaper cover would be cute, but I hate mixing and matching patterns to make a set: I'm always afraid they won't come out the same size.
Meanwhile, the back of Liat's Shetland Shorty is nearly done and I hope to make a good start on the right front over the weekend.