Monday, June 30, 2008

Monday All Day


It's time to play catch up again and show you what I did a few days ago. First up is the card I made out of the ATC I already showed you.


I also made this card a few days ago. Perhaps you can tell from the photo; I made this one with the fold on the right, suitable for cards written in Hebrew. I like to keep a stock of cards handy. Liat has a lot of friends, and each and every single one of them has a birthday. It's very useful to have a supply ready to go.

Before I show you the third card I made recently, I'll update you on everything else. I have done only a little bit of knitting lately - just can't seem to get motivated. At the very least, I should finish up that Shetland Shorty top for Liat. Maybe I will get that out tonight and make myself work on it.

Meital finished school today and is very happy to be on summer vacation at long last. She and I have all kinds of plans for the summer, including "summer school" - working on reading and writing in English, working on my reading in Hebrew (!), doing art and swimming. Should be fun and keep both of us out of trouble.

The girls and I gave Avi a surprise birthday party on Saturday. I invited three couples over for coffee and cake, and then proceeded to ask two of the women to make the cakes! No way I could surprise Avi if I made a cake here at home. He was completely surprised; the first time ever, he later told me. We had a wonderful time, and I was delighted to see how much he enjoyed himself.

Tomorrow I'm planning two big projects. First, I am going to tackle the carpet on the stairs. I think this is going to be a very tough job, but it will be wonderful when it is done. Second, I am going to sign up at a premium genealogy website so that I will have access to all kinds of useful information. Paying for the service means I need to get serious and really do the research, and not let several days go by without even thinking about it. I hope to learn a lot in a relatively short period of time, then cancel my membership at the end of the time period for which I will be paying. I realize that people spend years doing this sort of work, and I have no doubt I will continue to research, too. But I am trying to limit the amount I want to know, for now anyway, and see how much I can discover about a relatively small group of people. Besides, the farther back I go, the fewer relatives I have in the U.S.A., so at some point I will have to search other databases anyway.

Okay, now for the third card. This one is a bit risque, though definitely not indecent. Just a warning, in case any of you prefer not to look. Nothing on display that you wouldn't see at the beach. Just so you know.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

I love all the cards, especially the last one ;>). Not to worry, your knitting enthusiasm will return, I'm sure. Geneology is so much fun.

Bobbisox said...

What an inventive idea for Avis' birthday!!! LOL, I can only imagine his reaction. You are so creative in so many ways.

Sandy said...

Love, love, love that baby card. I like the colors you used and the stamping on the background. Nice work. Also, the male picture is not at all risque. I like that you highlighted the man in yellow. It really ties in the yellow items in the background.