Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Still Alive

Sorry, no photo today. It has been an awfully long time since my last confession...er, I mean post, so here is one with no photos, just to let you know I'm still here and thinking of all of you.

Much of my time lately has been consumed with taking up carpet (finished the stairs and the upstairs hallway today, whoo hoo!) and genealogy. Mostly, my days are like this: get up, drink one cup of coffee. Start attacking the carpet. Fall into the swimming pool to cool off. Dry off, take a nap. Do genealogy research. Bedtime.

Thrilling, ain't it? Welcome to my life.

Actually, in recent days I also managed to finish another dishcloth for the kitchen, figure out (one can only hope!) the math on my niece's knee sock, and start knitting that again.

The genealogy research is coming along. An online friend I've made says genealogy work is 80% frustration and 20% excitement. I would put it more at 90/10 myself, but maybe I'm just feeling a bit cranky right now...

The great thing about all of this research is finding out that old Uncle Soandso was extremely successful financially, a devoted volunteer in his community, and... "too full of himself" to be much involved with his family! That last item can only be learned through relatives, and that's what makes a picture, don't you think?

Not much more to report today. I hope to have actual photos and real things to tell you about next time. Meanwhile, keep cool.

1 comment:

Joansie said...

I had to chuckle at your comment about unclesoandso. In my geneology, I sometimes write not so flattering, but very true tidbits of information about those relatives that were so irritating. Payback is hell sometimes...lol. Most of the time I am nice about it but on those days when I am a little grumpy...well!!!!lol