Saturday, September 20, 2008
Well, after two miserable days of not being in any condition to do much of anything, today I am up and about... and in my stamping room! I worked on my Autumn themed ATCs for the Club Posh swap...aside from the theme, we are required to use orange in our cards. I had fun with these... the background started out as a page from a clothing catalog. I gave it a good spritzing with Adirondack Color Wash spray in Butterscotch, then topped that off with just a bit of Cranberry. Once that was dry, I flicked some orange acrylic paint (Delta brand) onto the background. The pumpkin, by Dee Gruenig Designs (Posh Impressions), was stamped (and embossed) on some Dutch newspaper that a friend sent me a while ago. The newspaper was also sprayed with Butterscotch and a hint of Cranberry. The leaves (also by Dee Gruenig) were stamped onto solid colored paper that had been sprayed first with Glitz Spritz. The only thing I am not sure about is whether I should add something in the upper left corner, or leave it as "white" space. Meital suggested I add a smaller leaf... Maybe I will use my leaf punch and see how it looks.
I also finished up a tag I've been working on for awhile. I started out with a sort of greyish/olive green cardstock, and sprayed it with Color Wash in Stream (I know, it's getting repetitive; wait until you see what I got for my birthday!), then sprayed over that with Glitz Spritz. I squirted some VersaMark reinker onto an ordinatry kitchen sponge, dabbed that randomly over the background, then melted some copper embossing powder. I wish you could see how shimmery and pretty this background is! The violin image came from a magazine, and the sheet music was a gift included with an order from Collage Stuff. I sprayed the sheet music with some Moon Shadow Mist (think walnut ink with colorful glimmers) in Buccaneer Bay Blue. For the rose (also by Dee Gruenig), I first tried inking my stamp with Perfect Medium and brushing Perfect Pearls in Copper onto the tag. It looked horrible! I really need to practice that technique. If you have any tips, please let me know. To cover it up, I stamped the image, using a copper Cat's Eye ink pad and my copper ep, onto vellum, cut it out, then glued it over the botched attempt.
I had planned to show you the loot I bought for my birthday, but I think I'll save those photos for my next post, just in case I don't have anything else to show you. Oh, and Joansie reminded me that yesterday was Talk Like a Pirate Day, but I was feeling too miserable to attempt a pirate-themed post by the time I saw her e-mail last night. Oh well, there's always next year!