Friday, March 7, 2008

In Which I Actually Show Progress


I'll bet you were starting to wonder if I was actually doing any knitting anymore! Well, I have been. This photo shows my progress on the Thorpe Hat, which I am making for the Cheyenne River Reservation. I have also been working on the first Waving Lace sock, which is rapidly approaching the toe decreases. I am hoping for some sold sock knitting time tomorrow, so I can finish the first sock and at least cast on for the second.


Remember this? This is the progress photo of Mother's Arms that I showed you about a week ago.


Here's what it looks like now (Friday evening). You can actually see progress if I wait in between photos! Unlike the Four Seasons Bunnies*, Mother's Arms moves very slowly. I didn't have time today to do any beadwork or stitching with blending filament. I am looking forward to doing that tomorrow, though.


Here's a card I finished today. I am making very slow progress on the card making, too, apparently. But now that this card, for a friend who could use some cheer, is done, I can work on a submission for a card contest. And possibly build up a stock of cards to have available when needed. It would sure make it possible to get cards out sooner. Shortly before Avi got his new computer, Meital told him that his computer moved "slower than a dying turtle." That's about my speed on most projects, these days!

From the comments: "I started reading your blog to view your knitting, but I am absolutely blown away by the cards you make! May I ask how you learned all the techniques you use? Thanks! ~Janet"

Unfortunately, Janet did not leave me a way to contact her directly. Janet, I hope you don't mind that I am responding here. I have been enjoying rubber stamping for nearly ten years now. Much of what I know, I learned in magazines (the Rubber Stamper - now defunct, and Rubberstampmadness) and especially, on-line. Most of the cards I've posted recently have been made using stamps by Dee Gruenig Signature Designs (formerly Posh Impressions). Much of what I know how to do, I learned from Dee's videos and books, or from the wonderful folks at Club Posh. My source for stamps, glossy cards and Marvy markers is Sunday International. Occasionally, I like to try things I've learned at Splitcoaststampers or on Craft TV Weekly.

If people are interested in a more detailed explanation of exactly how I make these cards, I would be happy to post a brief tutorial here on the blog. Please let me know in the comments (or by e-mail) if you would like that.

*Lest you think I've forgotten, I am hoping to work on the patchwork border for the Four Seasons Bunnies tomorrow. I also need to dust off the sewing machine to work on another project, one that has a rapidly-approaching deadline. Stay tuned for further details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Amy! Don't ever doubt as to how much you get accomplished. I'm amazed at everything you have listed and are working on. I really like the cross-stich piece. It's beautiful!

Jill L said...

I really like your lasted cross-stich -- it's beautiful!