Friday, September 28, 2007

Hodge Podge


Here is the sock I am working on, for my niece Christine. The yarn is Fortissima Colori Disco. There's a bit of silver glitter running through the yarn. The pattern is the Better Than Vanilla Socks pattern, available for free at Knoxsocks Designs. It's an easy pattern to remember, and works up so quickly. I started this one late Monday night, and it's nearly to the toe decreases. I would be finished with this one by now, but I worked on cards for my sister most of the day.



The colors are completely off in this scan. The card base is a yellowy-orange, stamped with black ink to make tiny spatters. The checkerboard was inked with a yellow Marvy Matchable ink pad, then brayered over with orange. The checkerboard image is by Posh Impressions. I like the way some of the squares didn't stamp completely inked through, and you can see the background in them. The pumpkins are from an old Close to My Heart clear stamp set. I've never had any luck with clear stamps, but I finally realized that if I use either pigment inks or paint on them, I can at least get a fairly decent image. These pumpkins were done by painting Radiant Pearls onto the clear stamps instead of using ink.

Of course, when I'm in the midst of projects and obligations, the only sensible thing I can do is give in to my longing to begin yet another project.

Gee, I wonder what these are for??

2 comments:

marcel said...

Shalom
Write a letter to a great personnalities!
I post your letter

a bientot
marcel
jewisheritage.fr

KimT said...

love this sock pattern and the color you chose