Wednesday, April 16, 2008

I Did It!

Tonight, old man, you did it!
You did it! You did it! You said that you would do it,
And indeed you did. I thought that you would rue it;
I doubted you'd do it. But now I must admit it
That succeed you did.

~ from the musical My Fair Lady


I have to admit, I am very surprised that I actually finished Liat's bookbag right on schedule (earlier, in fact, than I believed I could). She is thrilled and delighted with it, and plans to use it tomorrow on her last day of school before Spring Break. She even mentioned something about taking a "casual stroll" around the campus, to make sure everyone saw it.

What we have here is a bag made from an old pair of my jeans, a knitted belt made with the yarn my friend Ellen hand spun and I dyed with Kool Aid not long ago. Some of the beads are from that pair of Liat's pants I told you about in my last post.


I decided to make the theme of the bag our family's favorite basketball team. We are all fans, but Liat is especially fanatic about them. I made the cross stitched symbol by downloading a photo from the team's website into my PC Stitch software. It made a great chart in just seconds. The Hebrew text is the words to the fans' "fight song." And all of the players' photos came from old programs I have saved from the many Euroleague games we have attended this year.

I also finished the Top Secret Gift, at long last! I need to get it into the mail pronto. Once the recipient has received it, I will show you a photo. I hope she likes it.

And now I think I need a nap.

7 comments:

Joansie said...

Amy, the bag is absolutely fantastic. No wonder Liat wants to walk around campus with the bag. She will be the envy of everyone. How long did it take you to make it? I can't remember when you first blogged about it. Can you imagine what happy memories your daughter will have with that bag!

Sue said...

Liat's bag is wonderful. How clever you are!

Bobbisox said...

I am so happy to have seen that bag, it is indeed a great treat for your daughter and turned out so well. I bet she treasures it. Now, when the someone special receives her gift, will she also blog and cross reference?

LizzieK8 said...

"I could have danced all night...."

Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful bag! What a great present!

Jill L said...

What a gret present. You can tell it was made with lots of love stitched int her as well. Great Job!

Anonymous said...

Wow!

Sandy said...

Beautiful! Liat must be so proud to wear this on campus. I like the thoughtfulness you put into this bag when making it. It is a great conversation starter.