Monday, April 28, 2008

Two Wild and Crazy...


Mittens. Did you think I was going to say "Guys"? I am amazed and delighted with how these knitted up. Aren't they great? Of course, if you lose one, no one will know what other mitten it matches!

I am trying to use the rest of the yarn (less than half of the skein now remains) to make smaller mittens. I am using the multi-gauge/multi-size mitten pattern from Ann Budd's book, The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns. I'm on the second mitten now, but I'm concerned I won't have enough yarn to finish it. If that happens, the only option I can think of is to frog these (rip them out) and make thumbless baby mittens.

We got in our largest translation job ever, close to 100 pages, and it needs to be done by May 7th. So if you don't hear from me for a while, that's what I'm doing. Any free time I can carve out will likely be devoted to knitting. I've got two different flavors, uh I mean brands & colorways, of rainbow yarn coming in. Soon I will have what we call here in Israel a "problem of the wealthy", trying to decide which yarn to use for my niece's knee socks. If only all of our problems could be that sort.

3 comments:

Joansie said...

Wow! I really like those mittens. Be sure to carve out enough time each day to at least knit a little till your translation project is over with.

Jill L said...

They turned out great! Don't forget to knit a little every day ..see you when you get back.

LizzieK8 said...

When I'm left with "I don't know if it's enough" yarn, I usually knit both the items at the same time so they can have matching tops or in this case, thumbs of another yarn.

Or stripe it with another yarn...

Then again, I've been known to knit the second sock right from the loose end of the first one so they are the same and then add another yarn for the end of the foot and toe. (Hey, they are hidden inside the shoe so who cares?) :)