Sunday, February 2, 2014

Card Bowl Third Challenge


Alrighty, last post of the day, I promise! For the third and final challenge of the Operation Write Home Card Bowl, we needed to use the newest sketch, released just this morning, #210 and make, once again, a masculine card suitable for sending to men or boys. I was very excited about dusting off my Posh Impressions stamps, which haven't seen much action in recent years (long story, a problem with fading ink not with the stamps). The stamps I used: tiger, sentiment, and animal print, are part of the Playful Posh Circus set. The fern backfround paper had a white background, but it competed for attention with the animal print, which I really wanted to use. Thanks to one of the many very helpful videos on the OWH YouTube channel, I got the idea to mute the background and make it more of a tone on tone look by sponging over with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I think it works. I used Memento Tuxedo Blank ink and a multi-colored Kaleidacolor ink pad for the animal print. I stamped the tiger on pale orange cardstock, then boosted the color with a little Wild Honey Distress Ink. After fussy cutting him, I popped the tiger up with 3M foam tape, also known as "the Precious."

I hope you're having a great day! Enjoy the Super Bowl (or not). I would enjoy watching, but it will be broadcast live here, which means about 1:30 a.m. So someone out there have some yummy munchies for me, okay? 

7 comments:

Anne Slattery said...

Great job on the fussy cutting! Love animal print cards they are so fun. TFS

Kepanie said...

This is a cute card.

Sybrina K said...

LOVE everything about this card -- it all just works together so well... and then there are those adorable googlie eyes. TFS! :)

Carol L said...

All 3 of your card bowl cards turned out great! I especially love the first one with the whale in the water! Congrats to your team - they earned and won the Superbowl!

Cheryl Claycomb Anderegg said...

Wow, that tiger is fabulous! I thought he was a die cut! Nice job with the background, your inking really made the tiger pop! TFS!

Michele from MS said...

lol how cute! Love the papers and googly eyes are just perfect for this!

Linda said...

Wonderful card...awesome stamping! I love how the googlies blend in perfectly! WTG!!!