Sunday, February 2, 2014

Card Bowl Third Challenge


Alrighty, last post of the day, I promise! For the third and final challenge of the Operation Write Home Card Bowl, we needed to use the newest sketch, released just this morning, #210 and make, once again, a masculine card suitable for sending to men or boys. I was very excited about dusting off my Posh Impressions stamps, which haven't seen much action in recent years (long story, a problem with fading ink not with the stamps). The stamps I used: tiger, sentiment, and animal print, are part of the Playful Posh Circus set. The fern backfround paper had a white background, but it competed for attention with the animal print, which I really wanted to use. Thanks to one of the many very helpful videos on the OWH YouTube channel, I got the idea to mute the background and make it more of a tone on tone look by sponging over with Peeled Paint Distress Ink. I think it works. I used Memento Tuxedo Blank ink and a multi-colored Kaleidacolor ink pad for the animal print. I stamped the tiger on pale orange cardstock, then boosted the color with a little Wild Honey Distress Ink. After fussy cutting him, I popped the tiger up with 3M foam tape, also known as "the Precious."

I hope you're having a great day! Enjoy the Super Bowl (or not). I would enjoy watching, but it will be broadcast live here, which means about 1:30 a.m. So someone out there have some yummy munchies for me, okay? 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job on the fussy cutting! Love animal print cards they are so fun. TFS

Stefanie said...

This is a cute card.

Sybrina K said...

LOVE everything about this card -- it all just works together so well... and then there are those adorable googlie eyes. TFS! :)

Carol L said...

All 3 of your card bowl cards turned out great! I especially love the first one with the whale in the water! Congrats to your team - they earned and won the Superbowl!

Unknown said...

Wow, that tiger is fabulous! I thought he was a die cut! Nice job with the background, your inking really made the tiger pop! TFS!

Linda said...

Wonderful card...awesome stamping! I love how the googlies blend in perfectly! WTG!!!