Wednesday, February 12, 2014

My Kind of Cooking


I'm doing my favorite kind of cooking...cooking up a surprise for my girls! After printing out the pillow box template at Homemade Gifts Made Easy onto light cardstock, I covered the back with glue (good old UHU glue stick) and added some patterned paper. I am using the medium size template, and one piece of 12" x 12" paper was enough for both boxes. I used a piece of cork for a mat and traced around the dotted lines with a bone folder (not sure why it's called that, it can't actually fold bones and it is probably made of plastic. Hmmm...). The cork is cushier than that green cutting mat and made it easier to score the template. Then I cut out the box along the solid lines.


Working on something to go in the boxes. Can't make a gift box and not put anything inside! Using leftover sock yarn, of which I have a ton and a half. I need to make a lot more of these.


And of course, cards to go with the gifts. Gotta make sure everything is ready by Friday! What are you cooking up today?


2 comments:

Stefanie said...

I love how your making your own gift boxes. Today is a dental appointment, checking on my mum's mail, and Wednesday folders to finish stuffing. I'll have a quick post today too.

Joansie said...

Intriguing and creative! Can't wait to see what it is you are knitting.