Sunday, February 2, 2014

Not Quite Valentines


As always, I have trouble making deadlines when it comes to cards...since these only just went in the mail today to Cards for Hospitalized Kids, I made them look Valentine-ish without actually using the V word. So hopefully they will be fun to get even after the holiday has come and gone. I used some metallic corrugated paper picked up at my local art store, and for the cards with the bear, some very old mini doilies. The bear stamp is by Penny Black. I used leftover scraps from my Christmas cards (I sponged the white cardstock that had been dry embossed with pale pink to change it up a bit) for the panel on the side of the card.

For the cards on the right, with the dog, I used a digital stamp by Birdie Brown that is no longer available. The sentiment is also one of hers. Now I have lots of red and black cardstock with circles cut out, so you can expect to see them featured in another card design soon. I fussy cut the dog, and while I love the way it turned out, it was a heck of a lot of work! As was trying to mount the little guy on foam tape (those paws are teeny tiny!).

The images on both cards were colored in with Prismacolor pencils, and both cards use OWH sketch #206.

Are you making Valentines? I need to get busy on some cards for my family!

2 comments:

Stefanie said...

These are so cute & sweet! I especially live the Snoopy ones.

Unknown said...

Amy, you do wonderful work and have a great imagination for your card designs.
Wish we could see you back on the Club Posh site again!

Janet (cardmaker)