Monday, November 12, 2007

I Dare You


I just took part in a kind of challenge + one-on-one trade over at ATCards. You agree to make a trading card for the person before you in the dicussion thread, who has challenged the group to make something on a particular theme. The woman before me dared us to make an ATC using a lottery ticket. I was the one who accepted her dare, and this is what I made. I used a brush to stipple color on the ticket, then found some images I thought fit the theme. The coin in the upper right corner is actually gold colored and very shiny.

The other part of the dare is, after agreeing to make the card for the woman who wanted a lottery-themed card, I got to dare the group to make a card for me! No one responded to my dare for a knitting-themed ATC (not sure I understand that... After all, doesn't **everyone** love knitting?), I revised it to an ATC relating to books. I got an immediate response, and a wonderful lady in The Netherlands will be making my dare card. I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

What a great game! Love your lottery ticket! Wish I was still stampin'... We used to do a bi monthly of adapting a Kliban cartoon. It was great fun!

ncalkins said...

Hello, Amy. It's Nancy in the USA for whom you made the "Lottery" ATC. It arrived and I love it ... the colors are GREAT! I will post positive feedback on the ATC website for you. I just wanted to check out your blog. You are one BUSY lady! Such fun reading about your activities and all that you do for others. Thank you again for the wonderful ATC!