Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Something New



I have been a lurker at the Gothic Arches challenge blog for awhile now, but have never made anything in this shape before. I've wanted to, but never got around to it. When I saw what this week's theme is, there was no way I could pass it up! Here is my very first (but likely not the last) Gothic Arch. The background stamp (which quite likely you can't read) says, "Hand over the chocolate and no one will get hurt!" I've had it for awhile and only used it occasionally. The images I used mostly came from back issues (circa 1993 and 1994) of Chocolatier Magazine, to which I used to subscribe. The text at the bottom comes from a cookbook I own called Death By Chocolate. See why I couldn't pass up this particular theme challenge? I probably own more than a dozen books (and cookbooks) exclusively about chocolate, including one highly technical tome entitled Chocolate, Cocoa, and Confectionery. This book not only includes all kinds of chemical equations, but diagrams for various machines used in the production of chocolate. Just a little crazy about chocolate? I'd say more than a little...

In other news, I am fast approaching the toes on both of Avi's Chanukah socks. And most of the pieces of Meital's octopus are complete (currently working on the scarf). I need to sew up the pieces, buy stuffing and stuff them, and sew the wee beastie together. With Chanukah about 6 days away, I'd say I'm in fairly good shape, but I don't want to anger the Knitting Goddess.

I'm also working on a couple of other things, and hope to share them with you soon.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow this is really stunning. Wonderful arch.

Dymphie said...

Great first arch!

Debby said...

Sweet!!! Great arch!!

Debby

carylsrealm said...

What a yummy arch!

Hermine said...

Great arch.

Anonymous said...

Great idea, looks very yummy :-) Silvia