Thursday, November 29, 2007

Grab Bag


Here, at last, are the Opal Feelings socks I made for Meital awhile ago. She's already worn them two or three times, so I must be waaaaay behind on updating you. Please note that I broke with tradition and made them match!


Now, this is the next step in the process that began like this (scroll down to third photo in this post), then moved on to this (again, scroll down to the third photo). As you can see, I am moving at an inebriated and incapacitated snail's pace (a sober, healthy snail moves far, far faster than this) on this project. I always seem to get myself on the hamster's wheel with other projects, and certain things languish. I suspect that one of these days I will be seized with an uncontrollable urge to finish this project and it will, at long last, be completed. But not today.


And this is a lovely flower that appeared in our (once again) sadly neglected front yard (my knitting friends will not be surprised to learn I typed "yarn" before catching my error) this week. I think it must be some kind of lily, but truly I am clueless. Anyone?

I had a fabulous afternoon at the community center today. I helped a new girl named Rachel, who is in the 7th grade, with her English homework. Imagine trying to memorize (and understand) which preposition you use with which time expression. Does anyone know why we say "in the morning" and "in the evening" but "at night"? I have no clue, I only know what is correct and what isn't. I hadn't seen the kids for awhile (due to a previous commitment two weeks ago, and a migraine last week) and it was wonderful to spend time with them.

I have made a few Chanukah cards, and some gifts that I can't show you yet. Meital's octopus and Avi's socks are also nearly done. There may just be a chance I'll get everything done by Tuesday night. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Bobbisox said...

The flower is a Sprekelia, a member of the Amaryllis family. I grow them too. I love the rainbow socks, you did great; I have to rip out the whole second sock and redo it on smaller needles. weeping...

LizzieK8 said...

Oh, Amy! The sox are gorgeous! I want some!

Hope all is well with you and yours. seems like we're all too busy to write lately!

Jill L said...

Love the socks Amy!