Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Too Busy to Blog?


Yeah. I don't buy it, either. I have been busy, though. Honest! The trading cards shown above are Meital's submission to an ATC swap we are both in over at ATCards. (I am thrilled and delighted to tell you that if you click on that link, you'll see a card I made.) The theme of the swap is Snowmen (or Snowwomen, or even Snowkids!). Meital's cards are, of course, hand drawn.


Here are my cards. Most of the stamps I used are by Dee Gruenig/Posh Impressions. Now I'm busy making more cards for more swaps and private trades. If you're interested, you can see many of the cards I've made over the past year or so here: My Flickr. It's not 100% up to date, but fairly close. I've got a ton of different things in progress on my stamping table, and will add them to the Flickr album as they are finished.

In knitting news, I have started the toe decreases on the first sock for Meital. I know, I thought I would have shared a progress photo with you before now. Sorry! I keep forgetting to photograph stuff during the day when there is enough light for a good picture.

Liat's colorwork Doll Bag is coming along nicely, though I'm still not enjoying the process much. My friend Joansie suggested a yarn thimble, which supposedly keeps the various strands of yarn separated. I am thinking about it, though I don't really see how helpful it will be... Any thoughts from experienced fair isle knitters?

Last night I started a new project, a baby hat knit from sock yarn. It came about through a combination of circumstances. One, I have been wanting to start something new for the community center, and Two, Knit Picks badly messed up an order I placed through a friend, and I ended up with some Bare Essentials tweed, when what I wanted was plain Bare (the yarn you can dye). So I got out my Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns and cast on for a baby sized hat.

And that's about all that's been going on here lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the cards, Amy. I think your daughters have inherited the crafty gene from you :>). As for the thimble, it only works if you knit Continental/European style.

Sandra Evertson said...

Love the snowmen , so cute!
Sandra Evertson