Wednesday, October 29, 2008

What's Goin' On?


Yet another song reference... Can't think of anything better, unfortunately. Here is the baby cardigan I showed you before, all done except for the buttons. I used some of the yarn Meital swore she absolutely had to have when we were in a fabulous yarn shop in Oklahoma City in 2007. She graciously allowed me to use her yarn to make this sweater, and I promised her I would save it for if/when she has a baby. I will wait until that happy day before finishing the sweater by adding buttons.

I have also finished the first of my pair of socks, and hope to share a photo soon. I cast on but haven't started knitting the second sock. I got sidetracked between Meital's English homework, a burst pipe in the girls' bathroom, and making tomato sauce for tonight's dinner.

Yes, my life is glamorous and full of non-stop excitement. Thanks for noticing!

Other recent activity includes working on Meital's Starsky Jr. sweater and a bit on my top-down raglan sweater.

Aside from all that, I am busy working on the editing and translating of a special project for Maccabi Tel Aviv. I also write/translate for their website (I know you remember!).

I also made approximately 1,702 chocolate chip cookies yesterday...some of which I gave to Meital's friends, who were over to work on a project for school. Most of the rest will be handed out to the girls' friends at school.

What I really need to do is start thinking about stamping up some holiday cards. I have a couple of ideas, now I just need to find the time to settle down in my stamping room and see if they work or not.

6 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

1,702 cookies? Are you nuts, girlfriend? :0

The sweater is adorable. I'm doin' socks again for holiday gifts....

Anonymous said...

That sweater is adorable. (Typed the grandma-wannabe.)

Tama said...

What a cute sweater! Congrats on the finish!
mmm... coooookies...

Shelly said...

Amy, your baby cardigan actually looks better than the one in the picture with the pattern! Great job.

Glad to see you had an opportunity to meet some extended family too. What a treat!

Joansie said...

Over 1,700 cookies...ok, I've been busy trying to calculate the # of calories, the number of cookies per cookie sheet....lol. I give up! But, I'll have one of those cookies, please!

Sweater is adorable! Can you just imagine how even more adorable the baby will look in it.

Bobbisox said...

Precious sweater, and I can't believe the amount of cookies; did you make the dough on a different day and then bake separetly? How did you ever get anything done? Oh, and that burst pipe must have been a bummer. Glad we hadn't had something like that; just a hot water heater leak all over the garage with the fridge and freezer and washer sitting in it. Cats were fine. Love your blog, you make me feel old by how much you get done.