Friday, July 18, 2008

Ooooops

I've been knitting. Really. I've put in several rows on Liat's Shetland Shorty, and done quite a bit on the surprise I am making for Meital's birthday (as I'm sure you realize, photos will follow after The Big Day).

But, like many of you out there, I get the Elann.com newsletter, and I made the mistake (though I don't really consider it an actual mistake, maybe more of a miscalculation. But then, I am nothing if not forthright and honest.) of showing Liat this pattern. Of course, she loved it. She asked me again today when I would make it for her. I told her as soon as I finished the Shetland Shorty, I would order the yarn. But I am weak. I went ahead and order it just this minute. And, I printed out the pattern (at least that was free - except for the paper and ink...).

What can I say? That makes three hobbies I've spent money on this month (reading, stamping, and now this). Wait. I forgot my one-month membership at Ancestry.com. So that makes four. Oh well. I will try to restrain myself in August, because you and I both know that I will certainly buy myself some treats in honor of my birthday in September!

1 comment:

Joansie said...

First, I love the pattern that Liat wants you to knit up for her. That will go quickly.

As for your purchases, as long as the kids are eating well, I say indulge as there good be way worse vices than buying yarn.