Monday, June 10, 2013

Washcloth Therapy


In the midst of all the turmoil here (bathroom renovation) and trying to work when your computer is hiding under a shower curtain dropcloth, I decided I needed a simple project that could be finished quickly. I already have plenty of things on the needles, including three different pairs of socks, a blanket and a sweater, but I wanted something very small and mindless. I had just organized my stash of cotton yarn, so I decided to make some washcloths. Anyway, Liat needs new washcloths when she goes off to college, right? I used my go-to pattern, Grandmother's Favorite Dishcloth, for three of them,  but tried something new for the fourth - a mitered square. It made for a nice change, but I am not wild about the yarn over increases going through the middle of the cloth, and Liat has advised me not to "mess with success". So it's back to grandmother's house I go.

1 comment:

1CardCreator said...

Beautiful knitting! I especially love the socks below. Thanks for stopping by, good luck in the hop! ~Diane