Thursday, December 1, 2016

Cross Stitch Destash

Like most crafters, I have tried many things over the years. First, my grandmother taught me to knit when I was a kid. Then I picked up needlepoint, and from there counted cross stitch.
But as I get older, my eyesight enjoys certain hobbies less and less. Unfortunately, counted cross stitch is becoming too difficult for me to manage. A magnifying lamp purchased years ago is not helpful, because every time I take a stitch, I bump into it, and then it wobbles for several seconds. 

So I am beginning a destash of my collection of kits and patterns. Free to a good home. Above is a little plastic canvas kit complete with floss. Not sure anyone but me still uses a desktop computer, but it could easily be attached to something else, like a bulletin board.
This is a sweet little kit. Open but unused. This has been claimed.
Another cute kit, opened but unused. The fabric has become separated from the kit though.
This has been claimed.

If you're interested in any of these, please email me or, if you're on Ravelry, send me a pm. I will be posting more items soon.



2 comments:

Joansie said...

I will be doing the same in the spring when I retire. However, I am keeping my floss as I want to teach myself how to make Dorset buttons.

AmyS said...

Joan, I had to look up Dorset buttons...they're very pretty! A while ago I gave away a shoe box filled with leftover floss from kits. I gave it to a preschool teacher, figuring she could have the kids use it in various kinds of crafts. My boxes of DMC floss, organized on bobbins and arranged by color number, will not be leaving the house for a while... some things are too hard to part with, lol.