Monday, September 3, 2012

Let's Catch Up

Well, technically summer is over here in Israel (would someone please tell the weather that?) and Meital is back in school (tenth grade, gadzooks!) We had a fantastic trip to the U.S. to see family and friends; the only bad thing (and it was a biggie) was that at the last minute - and I mean just a few hours before we needed to leave for the airport - the IDF informed Liat that she would not be allowed to leave the country. We were really bummed and spent most of the trip thinking of her, taking photos of things so she could pick what she wanted us to buy for her, and feeling cheated. Still, now that she's twenty I suppose we need to get used to the fact that she won't necessarily be coming along with us on trips any  more.

When we got back from our month away, we were swamped with work (good timing because I really would rather not have to work on my vacation!) and then there was the whole Olympics insanity, back-to-school nuttiness and just general craziness.  So that's my excuse for not blogging in August, and I'm sticking to it.

I've been busy knitting and stamping, too, and I will - I hope, if time and my &^%$%#$# printer permit - be posting more often again....starting very shortly.  I hope all of you had a wonderful summer.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Did Liat have duty then :O(? Did you come to California? I totally missed you!