Monday, September 3, 2012

Snowflakes but not Christmas

Here's another card for the Operation Write Home Virtual Cardmaking Party. This challenge was to make a non-Christmas card featuring snowflakes. Perhaps my coloring is a bit Christmas-y, but I like the contrast of the red and green with that strong blue background paper (by Hot Off the Press). This is actually NEW paper (gasp!) that I bought last summer.  What? Only one year old is like brand-new for me... The snowman image is another stamp from Darcie's Country Folk, and the sentiment comes from a Hero Arts set. You might not be able to see it, but the gray paper is torn along one edge, and the snowman is popped up. I used BIC markers to color the image. This is actually the prototype for a card kit I'm preparing for our OWH Birthday Bash later this month. So far I've got three kits, one is ready and the other two are in progress. :)

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

I love how you layered the paper. The grey looks like snow against the blue.