Friday, December 14, 2012

Scrappy Background

Here is the card I made using those strips you saw in an earlier post of my leftover paper scraps. I followed the tutorial for the Scrappy Background, using strips .25" wide. The paper is by Hot Off the Press.I love the look of this technique as well as the way it eats up small scraps, but I found this width to be a bit too fiddly for my taste. I will probably made more cards with the scrappy background, but they will have wider strips, possibly even strips of different sizes.

The image I used is by the talented and generous Paula of Handmade By Paula. If you are a cardmaker, you should definitely check out her blog for inspiration as well as a ton of fabulous free digital images.

I don't know if you can see it, but the lavender colored paper has a faint shimmer to it. I used the trick of cutting out the circular mat for the image from the middle of the larger piece, before I added the scrappy background to it.

1 comment:

Stefanie said...

Amy, that background is so creative! What a lot of work that must have been.