Thursday, January 17, 2008

Cards and Muffins


I've been busy making cards for Keiki Cards lately. These are sort of a Spring theme.


And these are... well, isn't it obvious? Found the template for the shamrock online at the About.com website. Family Crafting, or some such thing.


I also made these bran muffins today. They are absolutely devoid of even the tiniest possible "wow" factor. I believe naming the source of the recipe will cause any mild interest you may have in the recipe to evaporate: The Jewish Low-Cholesterol Cookbook, by Roberta Leviton. I would like to mention, however, that these are in fact absolutely delicious. And super-easy to make. They make a more-than-acceptable breakfast, and are perfect for travel snacks. Of course, all of the above doesn't mean that I won't be making something incredibly decadent tomorrow!

I also volunteered at the community center today. A couple of weeks have gone by since the last time I was there. The kids asked why I hadn't come. There was a new program director, as well. So much can happen in a few short weeks! But the kids are truly in need of something to do once homework is completed. Otherwise there is lots of yelling and fights over petty things. I am planning to come up with a project or two for them. Last year, I taught the kids how to make Artist Trading Cards, and arranged for swaps with kids in the U.S. Maybe this year I could have at least some of the kids make cards either for children with chronic diseases or for elderly inhabitants of old age homes.

That was my day today.

No comments: