Here are the socks I made for my mother-in-law. The yarn is Knit Pick's Simple Stripe, which was discontinued a while ago. I ended up making four pairs of socks with this yarn, in four different colorways, and I think these are my favorites. Now, to knit up more of the yarn in my stash! I started a pair of yellow socks for me, and am going to be doing Judy Sumner's Waffle Weave pattern. I'm looking forward to those, but first I want to finish up my vest.
Speaking of that, I've made very little progress so far today. We got an unexpected rush translation job, which took up far too much time this afternoon. Oh well, some people actually spend something like 8 hours a day, five days a week, working. Or, so I'm told.
What I have done on the front of the vest so far, I'm not wild about. The cable looks too narrow to me, but I don't know if I want to bother to rip back and start again, just change things starting in the current row, or forge on ahead, pretending, er...hoping things will look better the more I knit.
I finished up the washcloth for Liat's friend this morning, so that was one positive thing. I am delighted to be able to tell you that Liat actually knit two rows on the cloth. She hadn't picked up knitting needles in years, but she still remembered what to do. I may make a knitter of her yet, though she insisted she just wanted to be able to tell her friend she helped make the cloth.
That was the last of my dishcloth cotton, but I went online and made a yarn pig out of myself last night, so nine new skeins should be joining the stash at some point.
I also made more bran muffins today, a double batch. The first batch barely lasted two days. Oh, and I mailed off the cards to Keiki Cards.
I guess the only thing I didn't accomplish today was working on my vest!