Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Stormy Weather

The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.

Dr. Seuss

Yes, today was cold, windy and stormy. It still is now that it's evening. It may not be all that different where you are.

While I was "sitting" in the house all day, I did many different things. First, Avi and I finished up another translation job. Then we completely rearranged our home office, cleaning and weeding out superfluous papers and detritus along the way. The room looks a whole lot better and is a WHOLE LOT cleaner. No photo, because...hey. It would be way boring.


Here's something else I did today. Four dozen cookies. The original recipe is called Oregon Hazelnut Oatmeal Cookies. While I'm sure Anna's version is fantabulous, Avi prefers pecans, and there's no such animal as Butter Flavored Crisco here (I know you're not surprised). As you already know, there is also no such thing as butterscotch chips, so I used my old standby, white chocolate chips. In effect, these cookies bear a striking resemblance to the other cookies I made featuring dried apricots, pecans and white chocolate chips. But these have oatmeal. That makes them much more better. Right? I haven't tasted these yet, but I suspect they will be quite tasty.


I also did a little more work on the old valentines. Not much, unfortunately. I wish I had about 47 cards all set to go, because there are so many people to whom I would love to send a valentine. I've set Thursday as my deadline; I figure fourteen days for the cards to be delivered is rather pushing my luck, but I just don't have very many cards ready yet. Though I did have an "A-hah!" moment today, when I realized that I actually have until February 13th to make cards for Avi and the girls. I tell ya, I'm so quick, I scare myself. Or something like that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, 47 cards is a lot of cards! What a great combination....crafting and cookies! Those cookies sure look good. I can't eat them in moderation so I no longer keep them in the house. I once had a dog named "Cookie". Does that tell you anything?