Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Ring in the New

Ring out the old, ring in the new,
Ring, happy bells, across the snow:
The year is going, let him go;
Ring out the false, ring in the true.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Happy New Year, my friends! I hope your new year has gotten off to a lovely start. Mine has been a great day so far, except for the rather ominous notice I got from the post office, letting me know a package is waiting for me. In the space reserved for describing the package ("printed matter", etc) is the word "leg." I have absolutely no idea what on earth this could be, but I suppose I'll find out tomorrow...


I started 2008 with these two projects on the needles. The first is a blue and yellow sweater for me (those are the colors for the basketball team we support, Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv. Rather lurid, I know, but I like the combination. It is also, by happy coincidence, the same pairing of colors used by the University of California at Berkeley, which is my mother's alma mater). The sock is the first of a pair for my mother-in-law.

I'm looking forward to casting on for more new projects, just as soon as I can find a minute. Today I once again indulged in a baking marathon, with happy results. In the morning I made a pan of mock Nutrigrain bars, using the recipe I found at Recipezaar.


But this afternoon, I made these. Oh my goodness, they are fantastic! I have been delighted so far with the recipes I've made from the Cookie Madness site. Be sure to check it out. The recipes are clearly written and not too complicated for busy multi-tasking folk such as ourselves.

And now, I believe it's time for a little something...

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

HPN, Amy, and can't wait to find out what's in the package! Leg of Lamb? New sock book?

craftyvox said...

Happy New Year Amy!:)

Interesting note the postoffice left you!:)