Monday, January 21, 2008

Vested Interest

I've spent much of the day knitting on the front of my vest. Whenever I stopped to take a break, Avi would point at the couch and tell me to get back to work! He scoffs in the face of my conviction that there's no way I can finish the vest by Thursday evening. He even wanted to make a bet on it.

In the face of his enthusiasm and belief in me as a knitter (wow, did I really just type that?!), I feel I must forge on as best I can and see whether or not he is right. He so often tells me that he is always right, which in itself would normally leave me determined to prove him wrong. But since it's also in my own interests to play along, that's what I'm going to do.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I have another 92 more rows to knit on my vest.

No comments: