Monday, September 17, 2007

When In Doubt...

... start another knitting project!

Yes, believe it or not, that's just what I've done. But wait. I DO have a good reason. In spite of the second Conwy sock, the nearly but not quite finished Samus sweater (darn those sleeves, anyway!), the Baby Surprise Jacket, the top-down bulky weight child's jacket, and a couple of other items which shall remain nameless, I really needed to start something new today. And not just the knitter's standard "I need to". I really, really need to start working on the scarf I want to make for my sister for her birthday.

Yes, that would be the same sister for whom I'm making all those cards. I've only got the one. After all, birthdays cannot be celebrated with cards alone, right? Of course, right! (Perhaps at this point it would be injudicious of me to mention the socks I am planning to make for her, as well. So we'll just skip right over that for now, shall we?).

I've started the Besotted Scarf, from Hello Yarn (please Google, I don't have the time to find the link for you - gotta get back to my knitting, don'tcha know?). The cables look like Xs and Os, so basically what you end up with is a super-warm, beautiful scarf that wraps you up in hugs and kisses. Which is exactly what I want to be sending my sis.

In other news, I have three more cards ready to mail, and a fourth (that would be #30, for those who like to keep track) in the works. Sure hope I can keep this up for another 29.5 cards!

No comments: