Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Stamping Again!


It's been such fun getting inky in my stamping room again! I have made three thank you cards, with a fourth nearly finished. And I made the card you see above, which I sent to my parents in honor of their upcoming 52nd anniversary. A stamping friend sent me the image, so I don't know which company makes the stamp. It was embossed, so it was very easy to paint it to add color. I used my small supply of Radiant Pearls, which for those who don't know is a thick, very shimmery paint that dries by being absorbed into the paper (so in other words, it doesn't ever dry on certain types of glossy paper, unless you emboss it by coating it with embossing powder and heating the powder to seal in the paint in a raised, shiny surface). Sadly, they don't make Radiant Pearls anymore. I have no idea if there is something else out there that replaces it. There is something called Twinkling H2Os that is also very shimmery, but it comes in a hard cake form and must be activated with water.

Anyway! Under the central image is a piece of what was tan colored cardstock. I sprayed it with Adirondack Color Wash in Butterscotch, then with Moon Shadow Mist and finally with Glitz Spritz (also from that link - Lindy's Stamp Gang). Once all that was dry, I stamped a Dee Gruenig Signature Designs leaf image, inking it with more Radiant Pearls paint. So much fun! I love to layer all those different colors and sprays and see what happens. Only drawback: it took quite a while to dry. The dark green cardstock is years old, probably not made anymore, by Keeping Memories Alive. You see? I'm using up all my old scrapbooking papers on cards these days!

The thank you cards I've made are very different from this one, and I hope to share them with you soon. I also hope I will have more cards done by tomorrow! Today went by quickly, as I spent a fair amount of it outside the house - very rare for me. Liat had the day off from school, so I took her into downtown Netanya to check out the beading supplies at a crafting store I know. Unfortunately, she didn't find everything she wanted, though she did bring home a few things, mostly beads. I can certainly understand the concept of "a beader can never have too many beads!" I bought a piece of gold dry embossed cardstock which I think will make a nice layering piece for cards, and a meter of black fabric with gold stars, which I hope to use as a lining for another jeans purse (this one in black denim).

Later, Avi and I drove into Tel Aviv to deliver the scarf and Fetching mitts to the lovely recipients at Assuta Hospital. I hope they like them! I feel so much better knowing those have finally made it into the hands of those for whom I made them (how's that for a convoluted sentence?! Sheesh!).

Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

3 comments:

Joansie said...

The card is beautiful, Amy. When I saw it I thought how beautiful it would be stamped on fabric and made into one of the book carriers.

I sure the recipients of your knitted items were delighted. Bet not many people think of doing something nice like that.

Karin said...

I'm trying to remember....is your parents' anniversary on Jan 26th?
(That would be the same as my husband's and mine.)

That's a really nice card...oh you are so talented.

Tama said...

What a beautiful card! Your parents should love it! You're so good at the stamping stuff :D