Friday, March 28, 2008

Flibbertigibbet

An irresponsible, flighty person.
~ Webster's

Not sure that term fills the bill. If you're a knitter, no doubt you've heard of the Yarn Harlot, which is the name Stephanie Pearl-McPhee gave herself in an attempt to convey how easily she is wooed away from one knitting project to another.

So, that makes me...what?


As you can see in the photo, I've started a new cross stitch project. It's pretty small, in fact, what you see here is over 50% of the design, and I worked all those Xs today. Mother's Arms has yet to see the light of day, today. Likely she won't. But then, as one of my favorite heroines says, "Tomorrow is another day."

I used to be a one-project-at-a-time knitter/stitcher/stamper... But I am easily distracted; tempted, if you will, by the allure of something new and different. Most, if not all, of the items in the photo, together with one or two other little things, are destined to adorn the tote bag I am making from Avi's old jeans. I have become obsessed with crazy quilts, and am going to try my own version of a crazy quilt patch as an adornment of the denim tote. If it works out, I will make similar bags for the girls.

I spent a fair chunk of the day working on the cross stitching. Whenever I needed a break from that, I worked on my milk carton project. Oh, and I also worked on Meital's sock during my early morning sock time. I gave a passing thought to baking something, but in the end I didn't get around to it. (Should I quote Scarlett again? Nah...that'd be overkill).

We set our clocks ahead last night, and I'm feeling pretty tired today. Liat was smart, and went to bed earlier than usual. I didn't. Neither did Avi, but he had a nap this afternoon. Meital asked, at about 3:00 this afternoon, "Did we change the clocks?"

I'd say that pretty well gives you a picture of our family.

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Just reading about being torn in all those directions makes me antsy! However, if it works for you, go for it! So what is all the primary colored buttons and fabrics going to end up as?

Tama said...

Your stitching looks good - sometimes you need a little break from those big projects! I look forward to seeing the finished project and the bag. Good luck adjusting to the new time!