Thursday, March 27, 2008

What I Did Today


Knit. Today I finished the first sock for Meital, and started the second. The second sock is actually quite a bit longer than this by now; I've been working on it while watching the basketball game on TV.

Work. No photo, because we all know photos of typed documents in English or Hebrew (or both)would be mind-numbingly dull. That, and Avi would give me no end of grief if he caught sight of them in the My Photos folder.


Stamp. Here is a preview of what's ahead for my milk cartons project. I'm really tipping my hand here, giving you a huge clue as to where this is going. Just remember, this beast has four sides, and this is just the plan for one side...

Bake. Meital has a thing at her school tomorrow, and all the kids need to bring something. The teacher asked for healthy food, but Meital insisted I bake brownies. I used the same recipe I've posted about (and photographed) before.

Play. I spent a pleasurable hour or so looking through my various stashes: fabric, cross stitch patterns, buttons, beads, ribbons and trims. I'm still percolating ideas for my project using Avi's old jeans, and I am pretty sure I have enough denim that I can make similar items for the girls, in addition to the test project (which will be for me). Right now, I'm planning to make a largish tote bag for myself, and smaller bags for the girls. That may change, but it probably won't. Progress photos will be taken and shared.

5 comments:

Tama said...

the socks look cute! I'm still being tempted... ^__^ it's hard to find double-pointed needles around here, tho - not to mention that i'm just barely learning to knit! Looks like you had a fun but busy day!

Jill L said...

I have been on a college search for my boys and missed some blogging. I love the socks for your daughter -- so pretty and springy. Can't wait to see your milk-carton project!

Anonymous said...

Love the socks! Scary, as I forgot whose blog I was reading and thought it looked liked your work...and it is! Know you pretty well. Brownies is not in the "health food" category!!! Since when????...lol.

Unknown said...

The socks are beautiful!

Bobbi said...

Love that OnLine sock, that yarn is so soft and easy to work with. the sock is turning quite pretty and your daughters must have small feet to be able to whip them out so quickly. You sure do keep busy!!!