Sunday, May 18, 2008

Back to School


Whenever one of our girls has a major school project due, it becomes a project for the whole family. Today, Meital turned in a report and model about the wave of illegal immigration of Jews to what was then Palestine, in the late 1930s and 1940s.

Meital worked very hard on her report and the model. She spent more than a week on them, which is (so far as I know) the longest she has worked on a daily basis to complete a project for school. I hope she is proud of herself, because we are proud of her!

Yesterday I got quite a bit done on my sister's sock, but I did not manage to finish it today as I had hoped. Instead, I worked a bit on our current translation project and once again immersed myself in the past while searching for more information on my ancestors. I learned a lot of fascinating general information today, which as background will no doubt be very helpful. Maybe tomorrow I'll uncover some more facts that relate directly to my family.

And now, I think I will go and knit for awhile.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Yes, both your daughters are very good students and you are rightfully proud.

Thank you for the history lesson. I found it very interesting!

LizzieK8 said...

I loved working on those kind of projects for school. I could immerse myself in the research and not come up for days!