Sunday, September 7, 2008

All Play?


If "All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy" then what does all play and no work make Jane? A fascinating woman, of course!

Actually, Avi and I did do some work today, so I can't in all fairness say "no work." But boy! Did I have fun playing today? You betcha!

Remember the card I showed you a few days ago? I had plenty of leftover paper, and I've been trying to use it up. The background and leaves (made using a punch by EK Success) are from that leftover paper. The picture of the woman is from Collage Stuff, and the word stamp is a partial image from a stamp by Posh Impressions.


Then I made this tag, using strips of leftover paper and some black cardstock. I stamped the leaves and acorn (Posh Impressions) using a Versamark ink pad (clear ink) and clear embossing powder on black cardstock. I then painted them using Perfect Pearls mixed with a bit of water. I got the idea from the Ranger website. I used the leftover Perfect Pearls mixture to spatter the backgound of the tag before gluing down the leaves and acorn. I am pretty sure the ribbon came on a gift someone gave to Liat for her birthday. I painted around the edges of the card with some bronze colored paint I bought at a local art store. It's actually part of a set; also included is a glaze that, when painted over the dry bronze paint, creates a verdigris effect. I have only used it once like that, and wasn't thrilled with the results. I need to try again.

I even worked a (tiny) bit on my niece's knee sock today - not nearly enough, though. I really need to devote a solid chunk of time to that. Meanwhile, I'm going to go work on Liat's top before dinner... I definitely want to get that finished as quickly as possible, so I can work on the socks and various other things.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

I'm so glad to see you back to stamping! Your work is just so beautiful!

Sandy said...

Your card iswonderful! I like the colors.