Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Another F.O.


Last night I finished up the Filatura di Crosa Vista Sleeveless V-Neck Pullover (whew!) for Liat. It's a free pattern at Elann.com. The only change I made was to knit it in the round from the bottom to the start of the armhole shaping. I then knit front and back flat, and joined the top at the shoulders. The Vista yarn is a pretty color and very sparkly, but knitting with it isn't the most pleasant sensory experience.

I have been working on the knee sock and spent a fair amount of time this afternoon doing (and re-doing) the math for the decreases from calf to knee (remember, I'm knitting these toe-up). I finally decided I was hesitating too much, and heading straight from caution to paralysis, so I just dove in and started following my own instructions. I am eager to finish the first one and start the second. I hope I will feel less insecure about working on the second sock.

Avi and I got a fair amount of work done today. We have learned that we need to have everything done by Monday, so there will be no more relaxed afternoons until the work is done.

I also got Meital's shopping done today. I hope the things we bought will last her through the winter.

2 comments:

Joansie said...

Amy, it is truly lovely. I love the color and your daughter will look beautiful in it!!

Sandy said...

Gorgeous sweater. I am confused that socks take more concentration than other things like this vest.