Sunday, February 10, 2008

Curses! Foiled Again.

Avi and I set out bright and early this morning to check out the office furniture (among other things) at IKEA. In the end, we decided their office stuff was too pricey and not quite what we were after, but we didn't leave empty-handed. I got two new muffin tins and some fabulous imported chocolate!

Got back home, and finished up the washcloth I'd started for Meital for Valentine's Day. I even got one started for Liat. I'd thought I wouldn't start hers until tomorrow at the earliest, so I'm quite pleased about that. I even got a few rounds done on my poor Waffle Weave sock, which has languished in isolation lo these many days... You probably need a hanky. I'll wait...

Now here comes the frustrating part. Just as I was getting all set to head up to my sunny desk and my cross stitching, Avi got the brilliant idea of checking the business e-mail. Sure enough, there was a 15 page rental contract waiting to be translated from Hebrew to English! Hey, work is good. I know that.

But I hate surprises.

We've finished several pages in the past couple of hours. There's a basketball game tonight, so the plan is to get a fresh start bright and early tomorrow morning. And that will be fine. Really. Because now I'm expecting to get up and work, not get up and play.

But I did manage to sneak in some stitching, after all!

2 comments:

Bobbisox said...

Surprises like that can be ick; good thing you had your chocolate!

Anonymous said...

Don't you just love IKEA!!! I was out of control at their store in Montreal. Friends and I purchased so much we couldn't all fit it in the car. Determined...the person in the back seat crouched down so we could fit everything! Real work (i.e. translation)...well you must, I suppose, to feed the kids, etc.....lol.