Thursday, February 28, 2008

Girls' Night In


Avi and Meital are off at the basketball game. What better way for Liat and I to enjoy our time together than to whip up a small batch of Outrageous Chocolate Cookies? I followed the recipe carefully, not wishing to risk another surplus butter incident. But when the dough was supposedly ready for the addition of the final ingredient, 6 ounces of chopped chocolate, it resembled cake batter a lot more than cookie dough. I carefully pondered the situation, then decided I needed to add a judicious amount of additional flour. Okay. Truth is, I panicked! I kept dumping in scoopfuls of flour, stirring frantically until the mixture came to resemble cookie dough as I know and love it. No clue how much flour it was. But it doesn't matter, the cookies are extremely tasty, and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

I had a fabulous time working on the Waving Lace sock today. Once again I got up early so as to have more time alone with my new love. Uh, I mean the sock. I mean, more time knitting the sock. Whatever.


I also worked on Mother's Arms today. It turned out that the corner I wanted to work on needed a great many beads, so I spent the entire time adding beads.


Maybe this view shows where the beads are located better? Or not...

Other than that, my morning was eaten by a lasagna. No, really. I prepared a lasagna for tonight's dinner, and that thrilling and intellectually stimulating chore took up a huge chunk of my morning stamping/crafting time. I could try to fool myself into believing that cooking is a form of crafting, but why bother? I'd never believe myself. Baking, on the other hand... Well, you know how I feel about that.

I went to the community center today to see if anyone needed help with English homework, or wanted to practice their reading. When I got there, I saw that a large group of soldiers had come to play with the kids and put on a show for them. I stayed to say hi to the kids and enjoy the sight of them laughing and having fun in the warm afternoon sunshine, then I headed back home. I even managed to get a bit more sock knitting time in, before I began the stitching portion of my day.

And now, if you'll excuse me, Liat and I have a basketball game to watch on television. And a few cookies to eat.

1 comment:

LizzieK8 said...

Doesn't just boggle the mind that a carefully followed recipe just doesn't work? I know, typos and all, but still...