Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Signs of Spring


I noticed a few things in my garden today. Some new blossoms, and some new sprouts:


I'll bet that's not the right word, but do you see what I mean? Tender new shoots making their debut. Of course, we didn't have any snow here (we never do, we're too close to the Mediterranean Sea). But still, I love seeing these little guys make their entry into the world.


Yesterday I forgot to show you my progress on the Summer Bunny. The above photo is from yesterday, and here:


is today's picture. I couldn't resist starting the backstitching. It adds so much, and that way there's less to do at the end.

We got some wonderful news yesterday, and tomorrow's post will be about that. I'm waiting until I've made a card before I show you how I spent most of today and yesterday. Meanwhile, the last remaining soldier from the Baking Wars has sent me a message:


"Send reinforcements!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Flowers, well in Vermont they will have to poke up through several inches of snow at this point.
The cross-stitching is coming along great. Do you have a deadline?
Great news!!!...keeping us in suspense. Can't wait to find out.

LizzieK8 said...

Oh, I so miss my garden. Share lots of pics so I can garden vicariously through you!

Thought of you yesterday while making Peanut Butter cookies! Simple but oh so good! And along with a glass of milk, protein! :)

Yes, I can justify anything!