Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Slow Day


I finished the washcloth for Liat today. It's the first thing I've finished in awhile, so though it isn't much, it felt good. I've worked on the second worsted weight sock, my yellow sock (still not quite to the toe decreases yet; having a pattern on the instep slows things down considerably) and the TSGFSVS (remember that? It's a Top Secret Gift For Someone Very Special).

Maybe I'll work a bit on my sweater later, but more likely I'll work on the worsted weight sock. I am anxious to get my box in the mail to Cheyenne River Reservation.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The dishcloth is so nice. Color is great!!! Knitting a pattern down to the toes on a sock really slows things down but is well worth the effort.

LizzieK8 said...

I'm wondering about the sense in knitting a pattern to the toes...for me at least. They look great when on blockers and in photos, but, hey, in shoes....... I'm just saying...all that PIA slow work is covered up. I did do the pattern to the toe for my DIL socks, but my own... not so much I think.

Bobbisox said...

I have having to agree with Lizzie, every time I do the pattern all the way down the foot then they are too tight for my shoes, but I do love the look of them. And, if you think of it, the patterning makes them warmer (like the Aran sweaters) so it is sort of a draw. Yesterday I was wearing a pair of Sweat Socks from the Interweave book I made about 10 years ago and they were so warm, I kept them on even in bed, until my feet got too hot.