Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hibernation

I've crawled out of my cave, in a manner of speaking, to come and post on the ol' blog. I think the headache is subsiding, but I don't want to be too optimistic, too early!


Yesterday was Family Day here, and Meital brought home this lovely plant. We were completely surprised. She also gave Avi and me the washcloths she recently made (now I know why she was in such a rush to finish them!), accompanied by lovely handmade cards.


Here is a look at one of the banana bran muffins I made yesterday. I love them, but the girls weren't wild about the banana taste. These are much moister and more flavorful than the regular muffins, but I can't say I'm surprised that the girls don't like them. I made ten largish muffins instead of twelve smaller ones, so they'll be gone soon in any event.

I have started the heel flap on the second worsted weight sock. It's good mindless knitting for headache days, I'll say that much.

4 comments:

Jill L said...

I am glad you back to the land of the living -- I went back to work today, but I am a little tired. Can't wait to see your socks finished.

LizzieK8 said...

What lovely gifts! How thoughtful of Meital! You've set a good example for her!

Anonymous said...

Meital is such a sweetie as well as Liat. You are a lucky wife/mom. Hope the headache feels better soon.

Sue said...

Sorry to hear you aren't feeling up to snuff.

I'm fine, just lazy about blogging. I really do need to update soon.

Love the yellow socks! So bright and cheery.

Take care and feel better soon.